Welcome to TimeBank Santa Cruz!
TimeBank Santa Cruz is a system of reciprocal service exchange that uses units of time as currency.
You provide service to earn TimeCredits.
Your TimeCredits can be spent to receive the services available in the network.
Getting Started with our TimeBank:
- Please read the TimeBank Santa Cruz Handbook prior to filling out the Application. You can view a list of the Services TimeBank Members offer each other here.
- Fill out our online TBSC Application.
- TBSC Coordinators will review and discuss your Application, check references and invite you to a New Member Orientation Session. Orientations will be scheduled by appointment when your documents are complete.
- We'll help you Create a New Member Account and fill out your Member Profile and give you a tutorial on site use at the Orientation session. Your annual Member Dues of $25 to $50 are payable when you join.
- You MUST use your legal first and last name for both your Username and Profile Name. Example: Edgar Cahn. Use a space between the first and last name.
- This format will make you easy to find in the Member Roster. It will facilitate the correct Recording of Exchanges.
- Usernames and Profile Names that do not accord with this format will not be accepted. Thank you for your cooperation.
You will need to confirm your email address. The email we send may go to your junk email box. Be sure to check there and add email@example.com to your "safe senders" list.
- Once your Membership has been approved, you will be able to access your Account. Please post some additional Offers and Requests as soon as possible and initiate an Exchange.
- Member Dues are payable upon enrollment. Sliding Scale of $25 to $50. Checks payable to TimeBank Santa Cruz. Dues are tax-deductible. Mail to P.O. Box 202, Soquel, CA 95073 or use the Donate Paypal button below. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit public charity registered with the IRS. Options are available on a case-by-case basis for those without the ability to pay dues. Please contact us to discuss.
The TimeBank is a social program with potential to create significant social benefit locally. It costs money to run social programs. Member Dues are used to coordinate and maintain the TimeBank. Your contribution will be used to pay stipends for staff, to pay software and web hosting fees, to purchase outreach materials and to cover phone and office costs. Your Dues both support the TimeBank and allow you to use the TimeBank's services.
- Respect for Each Other: We are dedicated to providing high quality service in a professional, courteous and respectful manner. We expect you to treat our staff with the same courtesy and respect. We reserve the right to refuse to enroll and/or to dismiss any member from theTimeBank without explanation.
- Ongoing Use of the TimeBank:
Don't hesitate to respond to an Offer or Request. These Exchanges are what will build our TimeBank and our community's resilience.
Please respond within 48 to 72 hours to calls or emails you receive from other members about the Requests and Offers you've posted.
After you've communicated with a member and determined that an Exchange is appropriate, make the specific arrangements needed to carry it out. Set a date and time for the Exchange.
Fulfill the Exchange and save a record of it in your Account.
Review Offers and Requests from other members and initiate another Exchange.
Repeat frequently to keep our TimeBank community alive and flourishing.
We're now accepting applications from Nonprofit Organizations. TimeBanking can help your nonprofit grow its volunteer base, access a diversity of skills and talents, reward its volunteers and save money while meeting your goals. Contact us for details.
Support TimeBank Santa Cruz
Use this Donate button to pay Member Dues and to submit Friends of the TimeBank contributions.
TimeBank Santa Cruz is a project of the Reskilling Expo which is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit public charity. Your donations are tax-deductible and support the Expo and its projects: the Santa Cruz Grows Seed Library and TimeBank Santa Cruz.
Visit us at Facebook.com/TimeBankSantaCruz
Our Member James A on TBSC: 4 minute video
Videographer: Davis Banta